Kidney, Bladder, and Urinary
Mary Greeley Medical Center and its health care partner, McFarland Clinic, provide many surgical and non-surgical services for patients with kidney or urinary tract issues.
Our highly skilled, board-certified physicians specialize in care and treatment for patients dealing with kidney and urinary problems.
Nephrologists provide care and treatment for patients suffering from kidney problems. Kidneys are blood-cleanings organs that perform vital functions including:
- Removing waste from the body in the form of urine
- Filtering toxins from the blood
- Helping to regulate blood pressure and the balance of certain important nutrients, including potassium and calcium.
Mary Greeley Medical Center's Dialysis Center provides kidney patients with hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
Urologists treat issues related to the urinary systems, including:
Cancers of the urinary tract
In addition to traditional surgical and non-surgical methods, McFarland Clinic urologists use several modern approaches to treating urinary system difficulties, including:
- Laser treatment for kidney stones
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL, which uses highly focused impulses to pulverize kidney stones)
- Minimally invasive prostate treatment, such as microwave therapy
For more information, contact your physician's office, or visit our Surgical Services webpage.