Speaker: Melanie Wellington, MD, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics – Infectious Disease, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Information about COVID-19 is evolving so quickly that the general practitioner cannot keep up with current information about testing, management, and vaccines.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the presentation of COVID-19 in pediatric patients.
- Describe the timing of testing, isolation, and quarantine in pediatric patients with respect to COVID-19.
- Identify how COVID-19 differs between children and adults.
- Discuss how COVID-19 impacts special child environments such as schools.
- Discuss the likely COVID-19 vaccines and mechanism of action.
Intended Audience: Physicians, advance practice professionals, nurses, ancillary staff, medical students (rotating), non-medical students (rotating), health care administrators
Note that this is a virtual event only. A registration link will be provided as the date gets closer.