Employee Emergency Fund
The Employee Emergency Fund is funded by employee donations and its intended use is for employees who find themselves in an emergency situation that could not have been anticipated or avoided. If you feel your situation fits the criteria, please fill out the application and submit to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation.
Apply for Help [PDF]
What is the Employee Emergency Fund and how does it work?
The Employee Emergency Fund is a financial assistance program sponsored by the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation and funded by employee donations. The program provides support to Mary Greeley employees and their immediate family in times of unusual need. This fund is available as long as there are dollars in the Foundation fund for disbursement.
Confidential applications will be accepted from eligible employees. A committee reviews the applications for appropriateness of need and grants are made accordingly.
To protect the applicant’s privacy, their identity is kept confidential within the Foundation and is not revealed to the members of the review committee. Confidentiality is also maintained when researching alternative solutions through internal and external resources.
Criteria for application and approval of requests:
The Employee Emergency Fund is not included in the employee benefits package; therefore employees do not have a "right" to access monies from this fund. Grants are determined on a case-by-case basis. The purpose of this fund is to support you and your immediate family members including spouse, children under 18 and dependent adult children.
Donations to the Employee Emergency Fund are voluntary and will not affect the chances of receiving or not receiving a grant.
Requests to the Employee Emergency Fund may be submitted at any time. The maximum allowable award is $1,000 with a lifetime limit of $4,000.
The Employee Emergency committee may recommend supplemental programs or services (internal and external) which may provide additional resources for the applicant.
Who is eligible to apply?
All current Mary Greeley Medical Center employees may apply for Employee Emergency funds.
Criteria considered in evaluating a request include but are not limited to:
- Unexpected occurrence or specific situation that significantly impacts the employee, as well as seriously affecting the ability of the employee to work effectively.
- An unforeseeable emergency defined as a severe financial hardship created by:
- Sudden and unexpected illness or accident to you, your spouse or your dependents which result in depletion of personal PTO or excessive medical bills.
- Loss of, or damage to, your property due to an accident, disaster (fire, flood, etc.), destruction or theft.
- Other similar, equally severe unforeseeable circumstance beyond your control.
- Frequency of application for Emergency funds.
- Availability of funds.
How will funds be distributed?
Payments will be made directly to the appropriate provider of service, not to the applicant.
Who is on the Employee Emergency Fund review committee?
Committee members may include representatives from: Human Resources, Nursing Leadership, Social Services and the Foundation Director.
MGMC Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee & Family Resources: 800-327-4692 or www.efr.org/myeap
You and your immediate family members can call EAP counselors for any life situation that causes you concern. Some common issues that EAP counselors address include:
- Work stress
- Family and personal relationships
- Emotional or mental health
- Financial or legal concerns
- Substance abuse
How can I contribute?
Please note you cannot designate your contribution to a specific person. Contributions can be made in the following ways:
- Any time via our Donation Page
- During the Annual Employee Giving Campaign each Fall
Contact Melissa McGarry, Foundation Director at 515-239-2147 or via email email@example.com