Mary Greeley Medical Center is a Magnet-Recognized hospital.
Magnet recognition is the gold standard for nursing and the highest honor given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Our patient-centered culture isn’t the result of Magnet recognition, though. Rather, this recognition is the result of our culture – a culture shaped, in large part, by the work and commitment of our nurses.
What does it mean to be a Mary Greeley nurse?
Your Voice Matters
Advance Your Career
Work in a Supportive Enviroment
Mary Greeley nurses:
- Are the center of inpatient and outpatient care
- Participate in shared-decision making teams and projects designed to improve patient care processes
- Are provided tools and training for continuous improvement and innovation
- Work closely with physicians, pharmacists, therapists and other health care professionals to ensure our care is always outstanding
- Are encouraged to pursue advanced degrees and certifications, and are provided support in the form of tuition reimbursement and scholarships. (More than half of Mary Greeley nurses have a BSN degree.)
- Are regularly recognized through a variety of medical center programs and events
- Are provided competitive salary and benefit packages, including IPERS
What does it mean to be a Magnet-recognized hospital?
Only about 8 percent of the hospitals in the country have earned Magnet recognition. Mary Greeley is the only Magnet-recognized hospital in central Iowa. Magnet recognition tells everyone that this is a great place to work, especially if you are a nurse. If it’s a great place to be a nurse, you can bet it’s a great place to receive care.
Earned through a rigorous application and review process, the Magnet-Recognition program puts a bright spotlight on our quality, patient care practices, and performance outcomes. Magnet-recognized organizations typically have:
- Improved patient outcomes
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help, and discharge information
- Higher levels of job satisfaction
Interested in joining the Mary Greeley team and being part of a Magnet-recognized hospital?
Nursing Practice at Mary Greeley
Our Professional Practice Model (PPM) describes how Nursing supports our Strategic Plan at Mary Greeley Medical Center, and is consistent with our mission, vision and values.
Educational & Professional Development
Nurses at Mary Greeley looking to further their education have a number of scholarships opportunities to choose from.