Locally Known, Nationally Recognized
Enjoy exceptional care that meets standards set by leading national organizations. You'll join the more than 1,000 expectant parents of central Iowa whose newborns we're honored to help deliver each year.
Top U.S. Hospital for Quality, Affordability
Choose a hospital that Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield recommends. Mary Greeley is one of the first hospitals in the nation to earn designation as a Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care through the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program. This designation recognizes that we:
- Deliver more babies as close to full-term as possible, lowering their risk of needing care in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) or experiencing serious breathing problems
- Follow evidence-based practices proven to protect mother-baby health
- Promote and see higher rates of successful breastfeeding
- Provide care that’s affordable while also meeting high quality standards
Excellence in Breastfeeding Support
Feel confident you'll receive the education and ongoing support you need to breastfeed. Mary Greeley is the only obstetrics (maternity) program in central Iowa to achieve Baby-Friendly® designation from Baby-Friendly USA. This prestigious honor recognizes our passion and expertise for providing the highest level of care and support for breastfeeding parents and their babies.
Your Home Away From Home
Whatever happens during labor and delivery, Birthways is ready. Every element of our birth center is specially designed with you, your baby, and your loved ones in mind. For your peace of mind, you'll never have to leave the comfort and familiarity of the birth center, even if your baby needs a little extra help to meet the world.
Take a Virtual Tour
Watch a video that features photos of Birthways and some of our friendly staff members.
Learn more about what to expect during your stay at the birth center.
Skilled, Caring Staff
When you deliver your baby, you deserve to be in the hands of compassionate people you can trust. Our nurses and doctors are highly trained, dedicated professionals. Depending on your needs, you may interact with:
- Board-certified physicians
- Nurse-midwives certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Registered nurses (RNs) with advanced training in obstetrical (maternity) and neonatal (newborn) care
- Anesthesiologist - Pain control specialist who can provide epidurals, pain medication, and other services 24/7
- Lactation consultants and breastfeeding educators
- Pediatric hospitalists – Specialists available 24/7 to care for babies and children in the hospital
- Discharge planners – Professionals who help you get ready to transition home