Feet get a lot of wear and tear, which, for some people, can lead to pain, swelling and other difficulties. Changes in health, even pregnancy, can impact your feet. Whatever the problem and cause, Mary Greeley Medical Center has a number of services that can help.
Podiatry at Mary Greeley Medical Center
McFarland Clinic and Ames Foot Clinic podiatrists practice at Mary Greeley Medical Center and provide patients a variety of services, including treatment of basic injuries, comprehensive evaluation and treatment of foot and ankle disorders for people of all ages, follow-ups after foot surgeries. Treatment ranges from surgical reconstruction of foot deformities and injuries to palliative care. No referrals required.
Podiatry Services at Mary Greeley Medical Center
Services offered at Mary Greeley Medical Center include:
- Diabetic foot care
- Ulcer and wound healing
- Palliative care (corn, callus and nail debridment)
- Surgical reconstruction of foot deformities
- Surgical repair of fractures or tendon injuries
- Comprehensive foot care
- Biomechanical assessment and treatment with orthotics and bracing
Podiatry diseases and disorders treated include:
- Ankle fractures
- Arthritic joints
- Bunions or boney prominences
- Corns (calluses on toes)
- Flat or high arched foot deformities
- Fractures or sprains of the foot or ankle
- Fungal toenail infection
- Heel pain—plantar fasciitis, spuring, stress fractures
- Infections of the skin or bone
- Ingrown toenails
- Juvenile foot disorders
- Sport related injuries
- Tendonitis—achilles or ankle tendons
- Toe deformities—hammertoes, claw toes, overlapping or dislocated
- Wart treatments—using various modalities
Help for Diabetic Podiatry Concerns
If you have diabetes, you have particular podiatric concerns: Diabetes can damage the nerve endings and blood vessels and lessen your ability to fight infection. Working with local podiatrists, the Mary Greeley Medical Center Diabetes and Nutrition Education Center can help diagnose and treat any diabetes-related podiatry concerns you may have.
Podiatry Help for Wounds
Podiatrists are also essential specialists at the Mary Greeley Medical Center Wound Healing Clinic. At the Clinic, patients can find treatment for podiatry-related wounds that have a difficult time healing.