Rely on the Pediatrics Unit at Mary Greeley Medical Center when your child is ill. The family-friendly, kid-focused Pediatrics Unit helps our youngest patients feel better, and their families feel at ease.
Our Pediatrics unit is located on the same floor as Birthways, our obstetrics unit. This means our Pediatric Hospitalists can provide more immediate and comprehensive care.
Each room is “animal” themed and features art by Ames watercolorist Jorga Kemp. When a young patient leaves the unit, they receive a card depicting the animal that corresponds with the room where they were treated.
In Pediatrics you’ll find:
- A cozy, 8-bed unit designed to make children of all ages, from infants to young adults, feel at home while recovering from surgery or an illness. Each room has a magnetic white board where the patient can draw, or people can write notes of support.
- Specially trained nurses, pediatricians and specialists who know and understand children’s health. With a low nurse-to-patient ratio, staff can observe each patient closely and spend ample time walking young patients through procedures.
- An on-unit treatment room used for minor medical procedures. The room is equipped with an iPad to keep the patient occupied during the procedure.
- A playroom with games and toys for a variety of ages.
- Color changing light features for each room, with color choice selected by the patient.
- Special emphasis on education and support to help patients and families feel at ease.