Your nervous system is incredibly complex and specialized care is needed when it is compromised by injury or disease. Mary Greeley Medical Center works closely with the medical staff of McFarland Clinic’s Neurology Department to ensure patient’s facing nervous-system related health issues get the help they need.
Our board-certified neurological physicians care for all parts of the nervous system, including:
- Brain, spinal cord, and their coverings
- Cranial nerves connected to the eyes, face, ears, nose, and throat
- Peripheral nerves which supply the arms and legs
- Muscles of the body
- Autonomic nerves which innervate the internal organs including the blood vessels and sweat glands
Conditions We Treat
We treat disorders of the nervous system and muscles, as well as consult on whether or not unexplained pain has a neurological cause. Conditions treated by our neurologists include:
- Diziness & Vertigo
- Headache & Migraine
- Muscular dystrophies
- Parkinson’s, including surgery when appropriate
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Sleep Disorders
- Spinal problems, such as ruptured discs or arthritic spurs
- Spinal cord tumors
Issues involving the spine may involve surgery performed by a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon.
Mary Greeley Medical Center has the staff and technology needed to perform minimally invasive spinal surgery, an exciting surgical technique that has many benefits for patients. Minimally invasive spinal surgery can result in less post-operative pain, less need for pain medication and quicker recovery time.
For more information, contact your physician's office, or visit our Surgical Services webpage.