Lung, Breathing, Chest & Respiratory Services
Take a deep breath—a really, really deep breath. Now imagine having to struggle to take that deep breath. People with cardiopulmonary issue know that struggle. So do the specialists at Mary Greeley Medical Center. Our Cardiopulmonary Services staff are trained to provide you and your loved ones the testing, treatment, education, and monitoring needed for lung-related conditions.
It takes a team to diagnose and treat patients with cardiopulmonary illnesses and conditions. Our team includes respiratory care practitioners (RCPs), physician assistants, nurses, and administrative staff, who work as partners to coordinate treatment and address each patient’s need. We work with advanced equipment and utilizes the latest techniques.
Cardiopulmonary Services Treatment and Education at Mary Greeley Medical Center
Cross-training in special procedures help the RCPs address a range of conditions and needs, including:
- a cardiac diagnosis
- bedside consultation and assessment
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD, or emphysema)
- continuous therapy, such as oxygen, aerosol, infant hood, oxygen mist tent
- critical care, BIPAP (bilateral intermittent positive airway pressure) and ventilator management
- cystic fibrosis (CF)
- diagnostics in pulse oximetry, spirometry, electrocardiogram (EKG), echocardiogram, arterial blood gas sampling and analysis, bronchoscopy and thoracentesis assist
- discharge planning and patient education in nebulizers, metered dose inhalers and other medication and equipment
Cardiopulmonary staff also offers community health education on:
- Tobacco education in schools
- Smoking cessation education
- Education and preparation for transition to home for those living with a chronic cardiopulmonary disease
Learn More About Treatment and Health of the Cardiopulmonary System
There are a variety of organizations and resources that can help you learn more about treatment and health options for your cardiopulmonary system. Or, for more information, call us at 515-239-2612 or contact us via e-mail.
Resources at Mary Greeley Medical Center