Nutrition Education Services
Whether your goal is to make a lifestyle change, implement small adjustments in your daily eating plans, or address a chronic medical condition, Nutrition Education Services at Mary Greeley Medical Center can help.
Nutrition Education Services staff include registered dietitians who will:
- Gather your nutrition history
- Assess your individual nutrition needs and concerns
- Guide you in setting your goals for changes in food choices
Nutrition Education Services also works with primary care physicians, specialists, diabetes nurse educators, and counselors or social workers, who are consulted as needed.
Nutrition Education Areas of Assistance at Mary Greeley Medical Center
Using both counseling and treatment, the thoughtful staff of Nutrition Education Services can help you manage nutrition issues related to a variety of health concerns, including:
- Cardiac (high cholesterol and high triglycerides)
- Celiac disease
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, disordered eating)
- Gastric bypass surgery (pre and post-surgery counseling and follow-up)
- General nutrition
- Gestational diabetes
- Polycystic ovary syndrome PCOS
- Renal disease
- Tube feeding
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Weight management for youth and adult
- Wound Healing Clinic
Get Started Today
Individuals may be referred by their primary care physician, or may request an appointment for evaluation themselves. For more information, contact the Diabetes and Nutrition Education Center at 515-956-2880.