Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
If you are experiencing a heart attack or undergoing a cardiac diagnostic or therapeutic procedure, the highly skilled staff at the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath Lab) at Mary Greeley Medical Center are ready to help.
Rely on our highly skilled and compassionate board-certified cardiologists to perform:
- Angioplasty, which uses balloon-tipped catheters (inserted through the groin) to open arterial blockages, allowing blood to flow freely to the heart
- Stent insertion, which places a small mesh tube, placed post-angioplasty, to reduce the chance of another blockage
- Angiogram, which employs catheters, imaging fluids, and X-ray technology to determine the location of a blockage
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implantation to help the heart beat at the right pace and rhythm
- Cardioversion, ablation, and other procedures
- Testing to determine the cause of heart rhythm (arrhythmia) disturbances
While Mary Greeley Medical Center does not offer open-heart surgery, you may receive a referral to the Cath Lab for preoperative (preop) procedures. Other hospitals in the area rely on our team for these services. You’ll benefit from having your preop procedure close to home, even when your heart surgery is at another hospital.
Fast, Life-Saving Heart Attack Care
Time is of the essence when treating a heart attack. Feel peace of mind knowing when you or a loved one need prompt, effective care, Mary Greeley Medical Center is ready. Our door-to-balloon time is in line with the 90-minute national average. Door-to-balloon time refers to the amount of time from when a patient enters the hospital to when they visit the Cath Lab to receive life-saving heart vessel balloon angioplasty.
Watch an Ablation
Learn more about cardiac ablation, and watch Dr. Denise Sorrentino perform the procedure.