Cancer Resource Center
When facing a cancer diagnosis, you and your loved ones need a comprehensive resource to provide answers to questions, as well as compassionate support. Where can you find all this and more? The Cancer Resource Center at the William R. Bliss Cancer Center.
The Cancer Resource Center is staffed by an oncology registered nurse. Patients and families regularly turn to the many services of the Cancer Resource Center, including:
- A full library of books and media on virtually every aspect of cancer and treatments.
- A full-service boutique offering free or low-cost wigs, hats, bras, swimwear, breast prosthetics, and other specialty supplies for William R. Bliss cancer patients.
- Genetic risk education to assess inherited risk for certain cancers such as breast, ovarian, endometrial, colorectal and melanoma.
- Ancillary support, such as appointments with dietitians or social workers to discuss special needs.
- Cancer support groups for patients and families.
- Monthly community-based cancer education seminars.
Cancer Resource Center Location and Hours
Funded by private donations to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation, the Cancer Resource Center is available to the public, free of charge. It is located on the second floor of the William R. Bliss Cancer Center in the North Addition of Mary Greeley Medical Center.
The center is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., or by appointment. For more information, call the Cancer Resource Center at 515-956-6440.
The Cancer Registry at Mary Greeley Medical Center
The Cancer Registry at Mary Greeley Medical Center collects data on patients who are diagnosed or treated at the William R. Bliss Cancer Center. These valuable resources help doctors and other health care professionals learn about incidence, trends, treatments, and survival. All information is confidential and reported to two organizations:
Learn More About Cancer
You may have many more questions about cancer, and there are additional resources that can help with education.
Remember: The links are shared for educational purposes only. It is not intended as an endorsement by Mary Greeley Medical Center, or a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
General Cancer Resources
Breast Cancer Resources
Cancer Drug Information