To help guide patients and families through complex and emotional process of cancer treatment, The William R. Bliss Cancer Resource Center offers a unique Cancer Care Navigator program. Cancer care navigation services are free of charge thanks to the generous support from donors to the Mary Greeley Foundation.
Our cancer care navigator is a specially trained registered nurse who acts as an advocate for a cancer patient and his or her family. The support offered by the navigator includes:
- Connecting support services necessary for comprehensive, compassionate care
- Becoming the central point of contact for communication with all treatment team members
- Helping ensure that patients receive quality care and treatment
- Encouraging patients’ participation in their own care
- Facilitating interaction and communication between patients and health care providers
- Building relationships with patients, caregivers, and families
- Providing education related to treatments, pathology, palliative care, and other resources
- Offering encouragement and assistance to patients and families
Additional Cancer Care Navigation Services
In addition to an explanation of the goals, benefits, and risks of treatment choices, cancer care navigators offer access to community resources such as transportation, financial assistance, and support groups. They may also offer information on trials, genetic counseling, and support programs.
Cancer care navigation services are confidential through the Cancer Resource Center.
Meet the Herrolds
Hear Lyle and Gloria tell the moving story of their cancer journey and discuss the support they are receiving from Mary Greeley’s expanded Cancer Navigator Program.
Read the Herrold's Story
Learn More About Cancer Care Navigation
For more information, contact the Cancer Resource at 515-956-6440 or 1-866-972-5477.