Behavioral & Mental Health Services
Mental health issues may challenge you or a loved one in a variety of ways. Someone suffering from depression may have trouble with daily emotional and physical needs, while another person with panic attacks may become fearful in certain situations. Regardless, everyone with behavioral health challenges may feel helpless and hopeless at some time.
If you, a family member, or a friend have mental health challenges, it may be hard to think clearly, to manage emotions, and to interact with other people. Fortunately, there are ways that Mary Greeley Medical Center Behavioral Health Services can help.
Understanding Behavioral Health
When it comes to mental health diseases, stigma and lack of understanding often prevent people from getting the help they need. The best way to dispel myths about thought and mood disorders is to better understand them.
Mental health issues take many forms, but are generally divided into six categories:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder
- Panic Disorder
How We Can Help You
If you face mental health issues, treatment and talking can help. Or if you are worried about someone you love, you may have questions.
Mary Greeley Medical Center Behavioral Health Services focuses on providing compassionate care, with the goal of helping patients cope in order to lead productive lives. Mary Greeley Medical Center provides mental health services regardless of a person's ability to pay. Our specialized staff includes:
- board-certified physicians specializing in psychiatry
- social workers
- mental health therapists
- registered nurses
- psychiatric technicians
Programs We Offer
At Mary Greeley Medical Center, we offer:
- Crisis assessment in the Emergency Department for patients experiencing acute mental health symptoms.
- Adult Inpatient Services: Designed for adults 18 or older, the Mary Greeley Medical Center Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit offers 24-hour nursing care in a secure, therapeutic environment.
- Transitional Living Program: For adults 18 and older who face mental illness, the Mary Greeley Medical Center's Transitional Living Program offers community re-entry support services.
Adult Outpatient Services
Mary Greeley Medical Center provides outpatient mental health services for patient symptom management and medical management support, including issuing prescriptions. The outpatient mental health clinic is staffed by healthcare professionals who specialize in adult mental health. The clinic only serves adult patients at this time. People can self-refer to the clinic or be referred by another provider. The clinic can be contacted at 515-239-6888.