Magnet Hospital Designation
Mary Greeley Medical Center is a Magnet-Recognized hospital.
Magnet recognition is the gold standard for nursing and the highest honor given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Our patient-centered culture isn’t the result of Magnet recognition, though. Rather, this recognition is the result of our culture – a culture shaped, in large part, by the work and commitment of our nurses.
What it means to be a Magnet-recognized hospital
It means a lot to work for a Magnet-recognized hospital like Mary Greeley.
Only about 8 percent of the hospitals in the country have earned Magnet recognition. Mary Greeley is the only Magnet-recognized hospital in central Iowa. Magnet recognition tells everyone that this is a great place to work, especially if you are a nurse. If it’s a great place to be a nurse, you can bet it’s a great place to receive care.
Earned through a rigorous application and review process, the Magnet-Recognition program puts a bright spotlight on our quality, patient care practices, and performance outcomes. Magnet-recognized organizations typically have:
- Improved patient outcomes
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help, and discharge information
- Higher levels of job satisfaction
Interested in joining the Mary Greeley team and being part of a Magnet-recognized hospital?
What it means to be a Mary Greeley nurse
Mary Greeley nurses:
- Are the center of inpatient and outpatient care
- Participate in shared-decision making teams and projects designed to improve patient care processes
- Are provided tools and training for continuous improvement and innovation
- Work closely with physicians, pharmacists, therapists and other health care professionals to ensure our care is always outstanding
- Are encouraged to pursue advanced degrees and certifications, and are provided support in the form of tuition reimbursement and scholarships. (More than half of Mary Greeley nurses have a BSN degree.)
- Are regularly recognized through a variety of medical center programs and events
- Are provided competitive salary and benefit packages, including IPERS
Your Voice Matters
Advance Your Career
Work in a Supportive Enviroment