Expect the Best from Mary Greeley
Expect outstanding care from the only hospital in Iowa to have achieved a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest recognition for performance excellence, and Magnet Designation, the nation’s top recognition for nursing quality.
What is the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award?
Since 1987, the Baldrige Award has been the highest recognition for performance excellence in the nation. It is the nation’s only presidential award for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations and businesses that have shown an “unceasing drive for innovative solutions to complex challenges, visionary leadership and operational excellence.” In 2019, Mary Greeley became the first organization in Iowa to achieve this prestigious level of recognition.
How did Mary Greeley achieve this level of recognition?
Baldrige judges evaluate organizations in seven areas: leadership; strategy; customers; measurement, analysis and knowledge management; workforce; operations; and results. Among the highlights of the Baldrige judges’ evaluation of Mary Greeley are:
- Consistently strong ratings in a variety of areas related to patient safety and health care quality from major organizations, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- High percentage of patients and employees who would recommend Mary Greeley to others.
- Strong, stable financial performance, and strength of Mary Greeley’s market share in central Iowa.
- Workforce commitment to the medical center’s “Doing What’s Right” tagline, as demonstrated through the medical center’s patient-centered scheduling program, Patient and Family Advisory Council, and administrative rounding with staff.
- A workplace culture that emphasizes open communication, high performance, and patient safety.
- Inclusion of community members in strategic planning process and process improvement projects.