Scholarship Opportunities Available Through Mary Greeley Medical Center
AMES, IA – The Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation and Auxiliary are currently accepting applications for 25 scholarships for students beginning or continuing their education in healthcare.
Applications are due March 30, 2018 by 4 p.m. in the Mary Greeley Medical Center External Relations office. Scholarship recipients will be notified in April.
For more information or to obtain application forms, go to www.mgmc.org/scholarships or contact External Relations at 515-239-2147.
- Mary Greeley Medical Center Auxiliary Health Career Scholarship for graduating seniors from select area schools pursuing a career in healthcare. A minimum of two awards will be designated to children who currently have a parent or guardian who work or volunteer at Mary Greeley Medical Center.
- Mary Ann Carr Health Career Scholarship (1 award - $1,000)
- Linda K. Dasher Health Career Scholarship (1 award - $1,000)
- Auxiliary Health Career Honor Scholarship (2 awards - $2,500/each)
- Auxiliary Health Career Scholarship (10 awards - $1,000/each)
- J. Ben Buck Scholarship for graduates or high school seniors pursuing a degree in a health-related career. Preference is given to Ames High School graduates or seniors. (1 award - $1,000)
- Nursing Legacy Scholarship for Mary Greeley Medical Center registered nurses pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Preference is given to a nurse pursuing a degree through Mary Greeley Medical Center’s on-site BSN program. (1 award - $500)
- Anna May Allan Endowed Nursing Scholarship for a student who is graduating or has graduated from an Iowa high school and is pursuing the study of nursing. (1 award - $2,500)
- Helen Sidles Undergraduate Nursing Scholarship for nursing students entering into their final year of nursing school. (2 awards - $1,000/each)
- Kimberly A. Russel Auxiliary Endowed Scholarship for employees of Mary Greeley Medical Center pursuing a graduate course of study. (1 award - $1,000)
- Auxiliary Endowed Birthways Scholarship for a Birthways nursing student continuing his/her education. (1 award - $1,000)
- Phyllis E. Crouse Nursing Legacy Scholarship for a Mary Greeley Medical Center nurse or nurse leader pursuing a master’s level degree or higher. (1 award - $1,000)
- Opal Fagle Nursing Scholarship for an outstanding nursing student who possesses the charismatic character that will positively touch the lives of the people they come in contact with. (1 award - $1,000)
About the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation and Auxiliary
The Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation assists the medical center in promoting health and providing compassionate, high-quality care by encouraging charitable giving. The Auxiliary coordinates programs, events and services to support the medical center’s mission and benefit its staff, the community, its patients and their families.