Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Penne
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Yields: 6 servings
1 oz olive oil
1 small diced onion
1 tsp. minced garlic cloves
2 oz sliced mushrooms
2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
2 oz cut fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup white wine
1 pinch Basil
1 pinch Oregano
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
12 oz Penne pasta (uncooked)
- In a medium sauce pan on high heat, cook pasta until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan on high heat, add olive oil. Simmer oil until oil is hot.
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté until onions and garlic are transparent. Deglaze with white wine.
- Add pasta and spices. Simmer for a few minutes. Adjust with white wine if sauce gets too dry
- Stir in fresh spinach. Continue to cook until spinach is fully cooked.
- Place pasta on a large serving platter. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot.
Calories: 235 Fat: 5.5 grams Carbs: 24.5 grams