Pan Seared Tuna with Mandarin Orange Pico De Gallo
Yields: 4 servings
4 ea 4 to 6 oz tuna steaks
Pico De Gallo
1/2 cup Chopped red onion
1/3 cup Chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
1/2 cup Drained canned mandarin oranges
1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp Minced garlic (jarred or fresh)
2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Lime juice
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place tuna on grill, cook until brown and then flip.
- While tuna is cooking mix the remaining ingredients together and set aside.
- Finish cooking tuna to desired doneness.
- Plate tuna, drizzle pico de gallo over tuna. Serve hot.
Calories: 200 Carbs: 12g Fat: 7g Sodium: 73mg
Chef 's Tips
- If using a charcoal grill, sear tuna over hottest part of grill to lock in flavors then move to edge to slow cook until done.
- Premix pico de gallo a few hours prior to use for a more intense flavor.
- Replace cilantro with parsley and the crushed hot peppers with a little coarse ground black pepper to "tame down" the spice.