Waldorf Phyllo Bites
Yields: 6 (3 to4 Phyllo cups each) servings
2 cups mayonnaise (light or fat-free may be used)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch salt and pepper
Salad and Phyllo
4 Granny Smith apples, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 box premade rnini-phyllo cups
- In a small bowl blend all of the dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl add apples, celery, and walnuts. Toss lightly.
- Add dressing mixture and stir until well blended.
- Chill until just before service.
- Spoon mixture into mini-phyllo cups. Serve chilled.
Cut apples, celery, and nuts as close to the same size as you can for a more eye-appealing finished product. Toast the walnuts for a crunchier and nuttier flavor.