Caramel Apple Tart
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
3 ea Large Granny Smith apple, sliced
4 ea Puff pastry squares
1 oz White sugar
1 oz Brown sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
3 drops Vanilla extract
2 oz Apple juice
- In a medium bowl, add sliced apples. Set aside for later use.
- Mix dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients. This will make a slurry. Set aside.
- Place raw thawed puff pastry sheets into a greased large muffin tin. If puff pastry comes in a large sheet, cut each into 6 x 6 squares. Puff pastry sheets are available at any grocery store in the freezer section.
- Add apple slices until cups are 3/4 full. Divide slurry evenly over each pastry square.
- Place in oven set at 350°F for roughly 10 to 12 minutes or until slurry mix has caramelized. Serve warm.
Calories: 385 Fat: 9 grams Carbs: 44 grams