Simple Spring Shortcake
Prep Time: 5 minutes Yields: 2 servings
2 ea Pre-Baked Angel Food Cake Cups
2 oz Mandarin Oranges (canned is OK)
2 oz Raspberries or Blueberries
2 oz Pineapple Tidbits (canned is OK)
2 oz Strawberries-Sliced
3 Tb Splenda®
Sugar-Free Whipped Topping
1. In a medium bowl, add all of the fruit and Splenda. Toss lightly, coating ingredients without mashing them. Set aside in refrigerator.
2. Place pre-baked angel food cake cups on dessert plate.
3. Spoon fruit mixture over cake.
4. Top with sugar-free whipped topping.
5. Garnish with mint leaf if desired.
1. You can bake fresh angel food cake for this recipe. Follow instructions on package. After cake is removed from baking pan, keep it in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
2. If you like only one flavor of a certain fruit, adjust accordingly. Have fun with this simple dessert!
Calories: 225 Fat: 1.5 grams Carbs: 15 grams