Harvest Chutney on Brie with Crackers
Yields: 12 to 15 servings
1 medium orange seeded and coarsely chopped
1/2 medium onion, coarsely diced
3 cups dried cranberries
1 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup bourbon or orange juice
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 medium wheel of brie
- Add all the ingredients except the brie to a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce from the pan to a medium-sized bowl and let it cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Place the brie wheel on a microwavable round platter.
- Spoon chutney on top of brie wheel. Heat it in the microwave oven on high for about 1 minute. Arrange toast points or gourmet crackers around the brie.
- Serve warm.
If using orange juice instead of bourbon, add a pinch of cinnamon. When microwaving do not over heat. If you do, the brie will get too soft and liquefy.