The Mary Greeley Medical Center Lifetime Fitness Center offers a variety of group fitness classes to help you stay healthy. Lifetime Fitness Center classes are fun, safe and challenging, and our certified fitness professionals can assist you with correct form and technique.
- Core box. Enjoy heart-pumping kickboxing drills, including kicks, punches and target work, strength and conditioning exercises. Gloves and targets are utilized.
- Body Blast Get your heart and muscles pumping when you mix strength and endurance training with cardiovascular drills. Body Blast will give you a full body workout with a high powered calorie burn. All fitness levels are welcome--the intensity can be raised or lowered individually.
- Weight Loss Wars Go to war against extra weight and apply to be a part of WEIGHT LOSS WARS--a twelve week weight loss competition program supplying you with the tools to make lasting changes and move toward a healthier, happier lifestyle and the chance to win $1,000.
- Yoga. Combine traditional yoga postures with modern fitness moves for an excellent mind/body experience designed for all fitness levels. Perfect for those seeking strength, flexibility, stress reduction and total relaxation. Bring your own yoga mat.
- Power Hour. This is a total body strength training workout using free weights, bars and tubing. It's appropriate for all fitness levels. Your instructor will provide modifications to meet each individual's needs.
- SilverSneakers. Move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball are offered for resistance, and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
- Cardio Power. The best of both worlds-cardio and strength! Join us for the ultimate workout, half cardio and half Power Hour rolled into one calorie burning hour.
- H.E.A.T. (High Energy Athletic Training) If you want to take your fitness and fat loss to the next level-without spending more time in the gym-then H.E.A.T. could be exactly what you're looking for! Push yourself to YOUR limit with athletic style drills, strength training and more!
- Zumba. An aerobic exercise program fusing hypnotic latin rhythms and simple movement patterns. Zumba is fun--it's the type of exercise you'll want to do everyday and feel good about doing it!
For additional information, please call at 515-733-4029, and we can suggest what classes might best suit your needs.
Please remember these simple guidelines:
- See your doctor before beginning any strenuous exercise program.
- Wear comfortable attire and proper footwear. Ask your instructor for suggestions.
- If you are new to this exercise format, take it slow and give your body time to adapt to the exercise.
- Drink water before, during and after class to prevent dehydration.
- If you must arrive late or leave early from class, remember the importance of a warm-up, stretching and cool-down.
- Please notify your instructor if you have special concerns such as pregnancy, chronic health conditions or are recovering from an injury. We can provide exercise modifications to meet your needs.