Massage therapy is offered as a joint service through Mary Greeley Medical Center Rehab & Wellness in Ames and the Lifetime Fitness Center in Story City. Massage therapy complements other therapies or is used as a primary method of treatment.
Massage therapy can also release painful muscle tension, improve circulation, increase joint flexibility and reduce mental and physical fatigue. It can be used to treat chronic pain, decrease anxiety, support immune function and help in the healing of sports injuries and other muscle stress or trauma.
$38 for a 30-minute session
$48 Hot Stone Massage
$58 for a 60-minute session
$68 Hot Stone Massage
All Mary Greeley Medical Center employees, Lifetime Fitness Center members and Prime Time Alive members enjoy a 15 percent discount on massage therapy. The discount may not be applied to the purchase of massage packages, gift certificates or promotional specials.
Gift certificates are available.
Massage Therapy Locations
Rehab & Wellness at Mary Greeley Medical Center, Ames
Lifetime Fitness Center in Story City.
You may request an appointment online, or call 515-239-6770 for an appointment in Ames, or 515-733-4029 for an appointment in Story City.
Types of Massage Therapy
Our licensed massage therapists offer:
- Swedish massage. This technique is used to improve circulation and promote relaxation. Pressure is usually gentle to mild, depending on patient preference.
- Deep-tissue massage. The therapist applies varying degrees of pressure to target deep muscle tissue in problem areas.
- Reflexology. This special discipline focuses on applying pressure to reflex areas of the feet, restoring the body's natural balance and encouraging healing throughout.
- Prenatal massage. Therapists use special techniques to help alleviate some of the aches and pains associated with pregnancy. Specially designed equipment is available to comfortably support the mother-to-be.
- Hot Stone Massage. A specialty massage that uses smooth, heated stones. It is a deeply soothing, relaxing form of massage using traditional Swedish massage strokes and the heat of the stones to help tight muscles release.