Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP)
Choosing Medicare and related health care coverage can be challenging. That's why Mary Greeley Medical Center offers confidential, one-on-one counseling from trained SHIIP volunteers who have been in your shoes. This free, confidential service provides people on Medicare and concerned relatives or friends with objective information about their health insurance needs.
Our SHIIP counselors can help find answers to questions pertaining to Medicare, Medicare supplement insurance, long term care insurance, and other health insurance issues.
SHIIP counselors help to answer questions such as:
- I'm retiring. What kind of health insurance do I need?
- I can't make sense of my Medicare statements and medical bills. What do I do next?
- I've been considering long term care insurance, but is it a good option for me?
- Do I need a Medicare supplement policy?
- How can I help my parents with health insurance?
For more information, you may request an appointment online or call 515-239-2210.
State of Iowa SHIIP Program