A family-friendly atmosphere, not to mention the occasional Friday afternoon visits from Iowa State University Cyclone athletes, make the Pediatrics Unit at Mary Greeley Medical Center a special place. Our goal is to help children heal with state-of-the-art hospital care in an atmosphere that is welcoming and includes families in the process.
Our comfortable pediatrics unit includes:
- A cozy, 10-bed unit is designed to make children of all ages, from infants to young adults, feel at home while recovering from surgery or an illness.
- Specially trained nurses, pediatricians and specialists who know and understand kids. Our low nurse-to-patient ratio allows staff to observe each patient closely and spend ample time walking young patients through procedures.
- Spacious private rooms with adequate sleeping space for parents to stay with their children overnight.
- Special emphasis on education and support to help patients and families feel at ease.
- A playroom with toys, a room for teens and young adults and lots of age-appropriate games and videos.