The Emergency Department at Mary Greeley Medical Center draws on the medical center's extensive resources to provide patients with high-level emergency care. Key features of Emergency Department include:
- Staffed 24 hours, every day of the year with physicians specially trained in emergency care, and registered nurses with certifications in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support and trauma nursing.
- Specialists of every kind on call to provide needed expertise.
- State-of-the-art Laboratory and Radiology departments available 24 hours daily to provide quick test results for fast diagnoses.
- Sophisticated Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory available 24 hours daily for emergency heart procedures.
- Level III trauma center designation, which means we are capable of treating almost every injury or illness on site. Certain conditions, such as high-risk trauma and burns, may require transfer to another facility by our highly trained paramedic specialists.
The length of wait for treatment in our Emergency Department is consistently below the national average. Our Emergency Department is under the medical direction of a board-certified physician, which is rare in most hospitals and a model for coordinated care.
Medical Director Oversight
Our Medical Director monitors the quality in every aspect of emergency care. With this approach, the entire Emergency Department and its support services work as a team. This results in quicker response times and high quality care for our emergency patients.