Cancer Resource Center
The Cancer Resource Center at the William R. Bliss Cancer Center is one of the most comprehensive resources of information and support for cancer patients, families and the community.
The Cancer Resource Center is located on the second floor of the William R. Bliss Cancer Center in the North Addition of Mary Greeley Medical Center.
The center is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., or by appointment. For more information, call the Cancer Resource Center at 515-956-6440 or toll-free at 866-972-5477.
Funded by private donations to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation, the Cancer Resource Center is staffed by an oncology registered nurse and is available to the public, free of charge.
The Cancer Resource Center offers:
- A full library of books and media on virtually every aspect of cancer and treatments.
- A full-service boutique offering wigs, hats, bras, swimwear, breast prosthetics and other specialty supplies for cancer patients.
- Genetic risk education to assess inherited risk for certain cancers: breast, ovarian, endometrial, colorectal and melanoma.
- Lymphedema sleeve fittings for patients suffering from this swelling.
- Ancillary support. Patients can meet with a dietitian or social worker by appointment to address their special needs.
- Cancer support groups for patients and families.
- Monthly community-based cancer education seminars.
Facing cancer can be scary, and most people have lots of questions. We encourage you to visit our online health library for more information. Our cancer topics cover many types of cancer, including breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and many more. Whether you just found out you have cancer or have been living with it for a while, you'll find useful information such as treatment options and tips for living with cancer.
In addition, we have compiled a list of some websites that may be helpful to cancer patients. The links are shared for educational purposes only. It is not intended as an endorsement by Mary Greeley Medical Center, or a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
General Cancer Resources
Breast Cancer Resources
Cancer Drug Information
Interactive Patient Education Videos