Health Information Management
MyChart is a joint service of Mary Greeley and
McFarland Clinic. It offers personalized and secure
online access to portions of your medical record.
Learn more and sign up.
The Mary Greeley Medical Center Health Information Management department is the central location for all medical information about a patient's hospital visits and care. These records may be used to provide continuity of care for our patients currently being treated at the hospital or being treated at other health care facilities. The Health Information Management department responsibilities include:
- Transcription and Editing (ensuring provider hospital notes are available for continued care)
- Coding (diagnostic and procedural code assignment for statistical data collection and insurance billing)
- Analysis (verification of record completion and accuracy)
- Release of Information (review and completion of appropriate record requests)
The safety and confidentiality of your private health information is protected under federal HIPAA regulations.
These medical records are retained for 10 years as required by Iowa law.
MyChart enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health. With MyChart, you can:
- Read hospital discharge instructions
- Request medical appointments
- View upcoming appointments
- View your health summary
- View test results
- View past immunizations
- Request prescription renewals
- Communicate electronically and securely with your doctor’s office
Learn more and sign up for MyChart.
Release of Information Request
In accordance with HIPAA regulations, obtaining copies of your complete personal health records may be facilitated by calling 515-239-2046 Monday through Friday 8am-3:30pm.
You may also download an authorization for release form and return to us via e-mail or fax, 515-239-2049. The release form must be filled out in its entirety, and signed in order to be processed. When picking up your records, a valid picture ID is also required.