Mary Greeley Medical Center is committed to providing quality healthcare services to all who reside in our service area regardless of ability to pay. To assist those in financial need, we have staff available to facilitate our financial assistance application process.
Guidelines for Financial Assistance
The following information provides an overview of our financial assistance guidelines.
You may download a financial assistance application, or request a copy of our financial assistance policy by calling (515) 239-2111.
- Applications for Financial Assistance can be dropped off or mailed to the Financial Counseling Office located within the Business Office of Mary Greeley Medical Center, 1111 Duff Avenue, Ames, IA 50010. You can reach our Financial Counseling Office by phone at (515) 239-2111.
- Applications for Financial Assistance must be requested within 180 days of initial date of service for self-pay clients, or within 180 days of payment by insurance company.
- Applications for federal, state or other assistance programs which would serve as primary payer, such as Medicaid, Iowa Cares, Veteran's Administration, etc., must be completed before you will be considered for financial assistance.
- All patients under the age of 21 must apply for Medicaid or the Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (HAWK-I) program in order to be considered eligible for financial assistance. Refusal to pay premiums into the HAWK-I program is not allowed as a basis for eligibility for financial assistance at Mary Greeley Medical Center.
- All patients with children under the age of 18 living in the home must apply for Medicaid or the Medically Needy Program.
- To be eligible for assistance, you must first meet the minimum income requirements as established by Mary Greeley Medical Center. Our income requirement guidelines are listed below.
- Patients who have assets greater than $25,000, not including their primary home and one car, will not be eligible for financial assistance.
- Applications for financial assistance will cover all legal dependents in the immediate family, providing all names, birthdates and social security numbers are listed on the application.
- You are responsible for providing all required information requested by our Financial Counselor within the application period. If you fail or refuse to furnish the requested information in the time requested, your application will be incomplete and we will not be able to extend financial assistance. We will verify income and other financial information by using financial statements, tax returns, bank statements, other documents and phone verification.
- If a student was claimed on his/her parent(s) tax returns for the prior year, the financial assistance application must be completed with the parent(s) financial information
- Any misrepresentation or falsification of facts made by you in order to qualify for financial assistance will be cause for denial. If you are granted financial assistance and we find material provision(s) of the application to be untrue, the financial assistance will be withdrawn.
Assistance will not be granted if:
- The financial assistance application is not returned within 30 days
- A hospital stay or portions of the stay do not meet the medical necessity guidelines for hospitalization
- Any portion of an account is still payable by any third party
- The patient has medical/health insurance but fails to obtain pre-certification or seeks treatment at Mary Greeley Medical Center when Mary Greeley Medical Center is not a preferred provider
- Procedure is cosmetic
We have processes in place to quickly determine your eligibility. You will be notified in writing of approval or denial within 30 working days of receipt of a completed application. Notifications of denial will be accompanied by reasons for ineligibility.
You will receive full financial assistance if your gross income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines (published in the Federal Register yearly) and you have less than $25,000 in assets/resources. If your income is between 200% - 350% of the federal poverty guidelines and you have less than $25,000 in assets/resources, you may qualify for financial assistance based on the sliding scale below.
Catastrophic Medical Assistance
This category assists those with catastrophic healthcare bills. If, in any given three (3) month rolling window, your medical bills exceed 20% of your gross income plus assets for the year, you bill may be eligible to be reduced. Please call our Financial Counseling Office at (515) 239-2111 for specific information about this option.
For Additional Information
For specific information about our Financial Assistance program, please call our Financial Counseling Office at (515) 239-2111.