This is a two-hour single-session class to prepare you for a successful breastfeeding experience. Support persons are encouraged to attend. Pre-registration is required. If possible, bring a doll. Suggested donation is $10.
Did you know that human milk contains at least one hundred ingredients not found in any artificial infant milk? Or that breastfeeding your baby decreases their chance of becoming overweight by 30%? Breastfeeding can also:
- Reduce your baby’s risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes and asthma
- Provide better resistance to infections
- Offer protection from SIDS
- Allow for easier digestion and fewer allergies
- Help you lose weight faster
- Protect you from ovarian and breast cancer
- Decrease your risk of osteoporosis
Learn more about our Birthways Lactation Services and the other opportunities for breastfeeding education and support.